- Accounting for Managers – provides an overview of accounting and finance issues. You will look at company accounts from both the shareholder and the company perspectives.
- Management, Business and Organization in a Global Environment – provides you with a critical understanding of management and organisations in a global context. The module will be informed by critical management and organisation studies.
- People Management and Organisation – provides you with the skills to conduct and critically analyse organisational development, including its consequences on human resources management (HRM). The relevant theoretical principles and models of change management, HRM and organisational behaviour will be considered and applied in a practical management context using case studies and real-life examples.
- Research Methods – introduces you to the basic elements of research methodology and the complete range of methods suitable for research in finance, accounting and business. It also aims to help you in defining a research topic and the production of a suitable research proposal for your dissertation.
- International Strategic Management, Markets and Resources – explore the integrative nature of strategic management and examine the contrasting perspectives between competitive positioning and the resource-based view of an organisation. You will also evaluate the impact of the external environment on organisational strategy, behaviour and management.
- International Finance – exposes you to the political, economic and technical dimensions of the international finance regime. The role of finance in the competitive struggle between nation states and between multinational corporations to generate economic value is also explored. You will look at financial and risk appraisal of foreign trade and direct investment projects.
You will also select two elective modules which might include:
- Strategic and Financial Decision Making
- Operations and Service Quality Management
- International Taxation Policies
- Assurance and Risk
- Global Outsourcing Offshoring
Dissertation – You must undertake a dissertation, providing an invaluable opportunity to work in depth on an element international business and finance of your choice. The dissertation topic is chosen in line with your interests and preferences.