- Leading, Managing and Developing People – Considers people in organisations and how we manage them. Topics include: Techniques for Change Management, Approaches to Effective Leadership, How to Generate Motivation at Work, Employee Engagement Strategies, The Formation of the Psychological Contract, The management of Organisational Culture and Professional Ethics.
- Human Resource Management in Context –enables you to identify, understand and analyse the major internal and external environmental contexts within which HR professionals operate in the private, public and voluntary sectors. It develop insights into the creation and delivery of effective HR strategies, practices and solutions in different national and global organisational contexts
- Investigating a Business Issue from an HR Perspective – provides an opportunity to undertake a live consultancy project in order to produce an individual management research report for the client organisation. This module will also encourage individual reflection on personal and professional development during the research process.
- Employee Resourcing – introduces you to the principal employee resourcing issues facing organisations in the 21st century, and aims to develop critical skills and competencies relevant to resourcing specialists. This module pays attention to the key factors of the external operating shape labour markets and impact employee behaviour and attitudes. It develops knowledge and understanding in managing resourcing practices, following the employee journey from recruitment through to exit.
- Research Methods and Dissertation (MA students only) – provides the academic framework and principal approaches to management research and design to equip you to carry out an independent piece of research, leading to the submission of a master’s dissertation. This module consists of two linked elements. The first is a guided programme of study to enable you to understand the key processes involved in identifying a topic for research. The second is designed to help develop awareness of ethical issues in the context of management research
You will also select two elective modules which might include:
- Managing Organisational Change
- Employment Relations
- Human Resource Management in a Legal Context
- International Human Resource Management