You will learn leading-edge economic, management and financial theory and put that theory into practice by applying it to real-world problems. A range of core modules underpin key business and financial principles:
- Macroeconomics in a Global Context - presents an analysis of how the macroeconomy works in a global environment that is subject to international trade and factor endowment flows. You will gain the skills to relate the theory of macroeconomics to recent world events and debate the implications of macroeconomic policy.
- Economics and Strategic Analysis - the aim of this module is for you to understand they key strategic decisions that individuals, firms ad organisations, face and the consequence of those decisions. You will also learn how to apply microeconomic models to solve current economic problems.
- International Markets and Financial Institutions – introduces you to the complex area of financial intermediation and financial markets. You will look at the role of both the domestic and global financial systems and the regulations placed on them.
- Strategic and Financial Decision-Making – considers corporate strategic investment decisions and the underlying financial management issues relevant to these decisions. You will focus on the allocation of funds within a business, financial appraisal techniques used in evaluating strategic options, sources of funds, the costs of those funds and alternative financing strategies.
- Research Methods – introduces you to the basic elements of research methodology and the complete range of research methods suitable for research in finance, accounting, management and business. It also aims to help you in defining a research topic and the production of a suitable research proposal for your dissertation.
- International Trade Theory and Policy
- Economics of Emerging Markets
You will also select one elective module aimed at developing economic knowledge and skills in an international context. Module choices might include:
- Behavioural Finance
- International Finance
Dissertation - You must also undertake a dissertation, providing an invaluable opportunity to work in depth on a particular aspect of economics and finance. You will need to apply and enhance technical knowledge and critical awareness in a subject of your choice.