Phase l – Preparatory Briefing
- Briefing to prepare students for the research programme, with emphasis on Research Methodology and Statistics.
Phase ll – Preliminary Research
- All M.Eng.Sc. students are required to undertake preliminary research to gain clarity in the respective areas of study and plan their research work. This normally includes identification of problem statement, literature review, project design and time management.
Phase lll – Proposal Defence
- Each student must publicly present and defend his/her research proposals. The student is only allowed to continue with his/her research to Phase IV on passing of the defence of his/her proposal.
Phase lV – Thesis Preparation
- The student proceeds to his/her data collection, data analysis and report writing.
Phase V – Viva Vove
- After completion and submission of the thesis, the student is required to attend a Viva Voce to orally defend his/her thesis.