- Accounting for Managers – provides an overview of accounting and finance issues. You will look at company accounts from both the shareholder and the company perspectives.
- Management, Business and Organization in a Global Environment – provides you with a critical understanding of management and organisations in a global context. The module will be informed by critical management and organisation studies.
- People Management and Organisation – provides you with the skills to conduct and critically analyse organisational development, including its consequences on human resources management (HRM). The relevant theoretical principles and models of change management, HRM and organisational behaviour will be considered and applied in a practical management context using case studies and real-life examples.
- Research Methods – introduces you to the basic elements of research methodology and the complete range of methods suitable for research in finance, accounting and business. It also aims to help you in defining a research topic and the production of a suitable research proposal for your dissertation.
- International Strategic Management, Markets and Resources – explore the integrative nature of strategic management and examine the contrasting perspectives between competitive positioning and the resource-based view of an organisation. You will also evaluate the impact of the external environment on organisational strategy, behaviour and management.
- International Human Resource Management - explores the complexities of managing HRM within organisations that cross national boundaries, and on comparative HRM within different national contexts.
Plus two options from the following*:
- Business Creation and Innovation
- Managing Employment Relations
- Managing Organisational Change
- Global Outsourcing Offshoring
Dissertation – You must also undertake a dissertation, providing an invaluable opportunity to work with an international focus, on an HRM topic of your choice. You will need to apply and enhance technical knowledge and critical awareness in a subject of your choice.