- Accounting for Managers – provides an overview of accounting and finance issues. You will look at company accounts from both the shareholder and the company perspectives.
- Management, Business and Organization in a Global Environment – provides you with a critical understanding of management and organisations in a global context. The module will be informed by critical management and organisation studies.
- People Management and Organisation – provides you with the skills to conduct and critically analyse organisational development, including its consequences on human resources management (HRM). The relevant theoretical principles and models of change management, HRM and organisational behaviour will be considered and applied in a practical management context using case studies and real-life examples.
- Research Methods – introduces you to the basic elements of research methodology and the complete range of methods suitable for research in finance, accounting and business. It also aims to help you in defining a research topic and the production of a suitable research proposal for your dissertation.
- International Strategic Management, Markets and Resources – explore the integrative nature of strategic management and examine the contrasting perspectives between competitive positioning and the resource-based view of an organisation. You will also evaluate the impact of the external environment on organisational strategy, behaviour and management.
- Business Creation and Innovation – investigates the concepts of enterprise, innovation, small business and their interrelationships from both an entrepreneurial and intrapreneurial standpoint. It aims to provide a guide to the key facts, ideas, theories and thinking about enterprise and innovation. You will look at how to promote and finance small business.
Plus two options from the following*:
- Entrepreneurship and Strategic Decision Making
- Contemporary Business Model Generation
- Creative Action in International Organisations
- Operations & Service Quality Management
- Global Outsourcing Offshoring
- Entrepreneurial Finance**
During the final semester you will complete a:
Dissertation: provides an invaluable opportunity to work in depth on a particular aspect of an international business and entrepreneurship topic of your choice. The topics of the dissertation are chosen in line with your interests and preferences, but mainly look at application of management theory to small firms.
Business Research Project (BRP): is an individual enterprise consultancy project that serves as a commercially and employability relevant experience. The BRP is a live project where you gain a guaranteed business consultancy experience and are able to use your learned skills to make a genuine impact and benefit for a company.