Year 1 (PG Diploma Bar Training Course)
- Criminal Litigation, Evidence and Sentencing
- Civil Litigation and Evidence
- Civil Advocacy
- Drafting, Opinion Writing and Legal Research
- Criminal Advocacy
- Professional Ethics
Completion of the Full Award, LLM Bar Training Course
The course offers flexible options for students to attain the remaining 60 credits to enable students to graduate with an LLM Bar Training Course. On completion of the interim award, students will be offered a choice of undertaking:
- A full 60 credit Dissertation (Research and Practice Portfolio)
- A 45 credit Dissertation (Continuing Professional Development Portfolio) combined with a 15-credit project (Bar Professional Development) or 15 credit taught option module.
- A 30 credit Project (Bar Professional Practice) together with a combination of either two taught option modules or one taught option module and a 15 credit Bar Professional Development Project.