Why Study Business at UoSM?

By Uni Enrol - June 17, 2021
Where to Study Students share top 5 reasons they chose University of Southampton Malaysia for the Business courses.
Why Study Business at UoSM?

More students are opting to study courses that match their interest. For those who choose to study Business, they get to be exposed to a world of possibilities since the business world is fast evolving.

Business courses are popular because of its versatility, even with the recent surge of demand for tech professionals. Ask our counsellors what you can learn in Business courses.

At University of Southampton Malaysia (UoSM), there are plenty of Business courses to choose from. Whether you want to be a marketing guru, an accountant or the next Entrepreneur of the Year, the range of Business courses is enough to cater to different interests.

Read on to find the top 5 reasons why students picked UoSM for its Business courses.

 

1. It Is Accredited By Top Professional Bodies

The UoSM offers degree courses in Accounting and Finance, Business Analytics, Business Entrepreneurship, Business Management, Economics and Actuarial Science, and Marketing. These courses are accredited by professional bodies, such as ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW, and more..

Students also can qualify for exemptions to exam papers for professional accreditation. For instance, the Accounting and Finance degree offers students up to 8 ACCA exemptions, while students with the Business Management degree will qualify for CIMA exemptions.

 

2. Tuition Fees are Affordable  

Students can save up to 60% of the cost of UoSM’s UK-based degree when they choose to complete the course fully in Malaysia. UoSM also offers multiple transfer options so that students can choose whether to spend 1 or 2 years in the UK and save on tuition fees and living expenses.

There are also scholarships up to 100% available for UoSM students, whether at Foundation or Degree level. Read more about the scholarships here.

PTPTN loans also are available to students for their degree studies in Malaysia. It offers a low interest rate for repayment after graduation and is not limited to certain courses only. Find out about PTPTN loans here.

 

3. It Has a Close Partnership With Industry Leaders

The university works closely with industry leaders through industry visits and internship placements in Malaysia and the UK. They also encourage students to seek out internships as early as Year 1 of their degree studies.

In addition to that, the Careers and Employability Service regularly organises workshops, fairs and other events to provide students with networking and learning opportunities.

 

4. It Offers Multiple Employment Opportunities

The University of Southampton is ranked top 10 for producing the highest-earning graduates in the UK (Higher Education Statistics Agency, Raisin UK, 2020). The Careers and Employability Service even supports UoSM graduates up to six months post-graduation to help ensure they are able to secure their first job.

Many students do take advantage of the internship opportunities during their degree studies and have successfully secured a job with the same company after graduation. The companies which have hired UoSM graduates include Deloitte, Ernst & Young, PricewaterhouseCoopers, and Deutsche Bank.

 

5. Flexible Assessment To Reflect Learning

UoSM uses a progressive approach to assess its students. For instance, first-year Accounting and Finance students are assessed mainly through written exams with just 20% of the final grade coming from coursework evaluation. Those in their final year will find that coursework will carry more weight on their grade compared with the first year.

On the other hand, first-year Business Management students can expect 40% of their final grade to come from written exams while coursework covers the remaining 60%. In the final year, 70% of the final grade will be based on written exams and the rest from coursework.

 

Whether it’s choosing UoSM because it is top 10 in Business Management and Marketing (Guardian University Guide, 2020) or the recognition by well-known professional bodies, UoSM offers an affordable path to a UK education. The university has all the tools necessary to help students succeed in their studies and their future career.

Have Question? Consult our Counsellors